Monday, 10 August 2015

Surely Not Spam



I GET very depressed when I start thinking about all those villains spread across the globe who only want to con you and part you from your cash.

I frequently get emails from "friends" who have been stranded while on holiday and only need me to transfer £2,000 to a bank account so they can get back home to dear old Britain. My friends must be a dopey lot - because they're ALWAYS getting into trouble somewhere in the world.

There's the African president who would like to send me billions of pounds because he can't get the money out of his country after his father died of beri-beri and there was a military a coup. I'm puzzled why he picked on an old Devon maid like me - but soooo honoured. Must remember to send him all my bank details a.s.a.p.

I've lost count of the number of competitions and lotteries I've won, which is a miracle because I haven't entered any competitions or lotteries.

Then there are the spam comments that, thankfully, my blog intercepts. I got this one only yesterday. But I'm not sure that it's spam. What do you think?

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept Here is my blog post italian learning software on etc.

I think it's genuine. I must click through....

Here's another:

I think this is among the so much vital info for me. And i'm satisfied studying your article. But wanna commentary on some common things, The site taste is wonderful, the articles is actually excellent : D. Just right task, cheers Here is my website: etc

What is even more depressing than the snake oil salesmen and the con artists thinking you just might fall for their spiel is that there must be people out there who actually do get conned or the crooks would be out of business.

Who in their right mind thinks they have won $1,000,000 in the Louisiana state lottery when they've never bought a ticket or visited the place? Why would Prince Mtobobo choose an ordinary person who's never been further than the Costa Del Sol on a Thomas Cook package holiday as a conduit through which to send billions of Djiboutian francs, or whatever? Or that a website which advertises itself as "the go-get premier agency for lucid collaring" is genuine?

Some people almost deserve everything they get.



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Mark Clough said...

I was left wondering who would think that I would believe a package containing $6 million was waiting for me to collect at JFK Airport in New York. If I happen to be passing one day, I might just swing by to see if my package is still there, but I'm not rushing.

Around My Kitchen Table said...

Don't hold your breath - but you never know, I suppose!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I'm going to have to ditch this over-zealous German internet security nanny . No one ever offers me anything .