Saturday, 6 February 2016

Let's Enlargen and Embiggen the Soul


SURFING the net I came across this little gem.


Enlargen? Seriously?




I think the writer has been watching too many episodes of The Simpsons. Written on the statue of Jebediah Springfield are the words: "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." When teacher Edna Krabappel questioned the word embiggen, fellow teacher Miss Hoover replied: "I don't know why; it's a perfectly cromulent word." Made me laugh.

Far too many people who write for the internet write in Simpsons-ese (see, I've made up another word!).

But as Ralph Wiggum said: "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"



Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Ron Radcliffe said...

I love The Simpsons!!! So many good quotes.

Simpsons Fan said...

its unpossible not to love the simpsons!!!!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh good , thankyou . I always thought it was 'embiggeneth' .

Gorilla Bananas said...

I love it when people invent new words! I thought I'd invented a new word called 'hornswoggle', but apparently someone had already thought of it. :(