Monday, 25 April 2016

U is For Unsound Advice

A to Z Challenge



"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Woo-hoo, what a ride!"  (Anon)

I AGREE with the above so I am taking the advice of a Chinese internet doctor (let the word "internet" warn you that it might not be totally kosher… I don't want to be responsible for anyone's early death!).

On exercise:  Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster.  Want to live longer?  Take nap.

On alcohol:  There is no need to reduce alcohol consumption. Wine made from fruit.  Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain.  Bottom up!

On fried food:  Food are fried these day in vegetable oil.  In fact, they permeated by it.  How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

On sit-ups: When you exercise muscle, it get bigger.  You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

On chocolate:  Are you crazy?!?  HEL-LO-O!!  Cocoa bean!  Another vegetable!  It best feel-good food around!

On swimming:  If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Getting in shape: Hey!  'Round' is shape!

That sounds like a diet and exercise regime I can cope with!


I have another blog in the A to Z Challege called That's Purrfect.

5 comments:

Misha Gericke said...

Looks like excellent advice to me. ;-)

J.L. Weigt said...

I agree, it seems like fine advice. In fact, I had veggies for dinner last night. Well, potatoes. Well, fermented potatoes. Okay, vodka. I had vodka, but that's a vegetable, right? ;)

Kathleen Valentine said...

This is advice that I can definitely relate to.

@Kathleen01930
Meet My Imaginary Friends
#AtoZchallenge

Liz said...

Shame I read this after eating a plate of veg and wholewheat pasta. I'll make up for it with a glass of wine now.

Jo said...

I think that's excellent advice.